The Origin of LCCI
Lalitpur Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) is a non-governmental, non-political associated organization with the legal status of a non-profit making and autonomous entity. LCCI was registered at District Administration office, Lalitpur on 04 Chaitra 2023 (March 17, 1967). LCCI is a district chamber of Lalitpur established for safeguarding and promotion of the common interest of business community and also helps them strengthen their enterprise performance.
LCCI is persistent in providing services such as training, workshops, seminars, industrial exhibitions and so forth. It also provides various services to the society for the integrated economic development of Nepal. It has been a forum to discuss and resolve problems and issues faced by the member organizations, and it also represents them to appropriate authorities to work on business-related issues.
Currently, it has around 2000 active members benefiting from the chambers’ services.
The main objective of the chamber is to uplift the business in the district. Nevertheless it also aims to;
- Safeguard and enhance the interests, rights and privileges of the business community
- Advocate and represent the views of its members in various commercial policies such as VAT, income tax, and other and influence concerned authorities for favorable business environment.
- Develop essential managerial skills and knowledge necessary for the promotion of industries and business concerns through training, workshops, seminars and interaction programs.
- Provide various services to the business community in order to strengthen their level of performance.
- Extend relationship with government with government, non-government agencies at international, national, regional and local levels to create favorable economic atmosphere.
- Collect and disseminate business-related information.
- Representing the views of its members in different occasions like VAT, Income Tax, and so on.
- Safeguarding and enhancing the interests, rights and privileges of the business community
- Developing skill and knowledge through training, workshops, seminars and interaction programs.
- Developing mutual understanding and cooperation with other DCCI's and international agencies.
- Providing business information and services
- Organizing exhibitions to promote Nepalese indigenous products.
Safeguard and promotion of the common interest of business community in Lalitpur District and also helps them strengthen their enterprise performance
Develop LCCI as a competent, resourceful and service-oriented institution promoting the common business interest of its members and playing an effective role in the economic development of Lalitpur District.
The General Assembly is the supreme body that formulates policies and review annual achievements. The Executive Board elected by the general assembly comprises of:
Immediate Past President
Senior Vice President
Vice President (Industry)
Vice President (Commerce)
Vice President (Organization)
Vice President (Associate)
Executive Committee Members
The executive committee formulates the plans and programs of the chamber as endorsed form general assembly. For the effectiveness and efficiency of the executive committee, different sectoral committees also have been formed which provides necessary advice, feedback and assists in implementation of programs accordingly.
The programs developed by the Executive Committee are executed by the Secretariat. LCCI secretariat consists of 14 full time professional staffs. LCCI staffs are bind by the LCCI’s employee’s rules and regulation act 2045.